Finally finished up my rendition of Mary Malone and the Mulefa, characters from Philip Pullman’s “The Amber Spyglass”. This picture you guys. The sketching and color comping were swell, but for some reason when I went to actually start the thing it just…got away from me. The colors didn’t come together, I mucked up the sky pretty badly, I messed up stretching the paper and it was buckling everywhere. I ended up with this.
So! This is the first time I’ve successfully used digital-over-traditional-medium, and I’m pretty excited with how it turned out. I don’t want the technique to become a crutch, of course, but it’s nice to know the option’s there.